Tata has officially unveiled thePunch, its smallest and entry-level SUV. Bookings are already underway for a token of Rs 21,000 ahead of its launch on October 20.
Things to know about the new Tata Punch
- The micro SUV is available in four trims: Pure, Adventure, Accomplished, and Creative.
- Styling elements include a split-headlamp setup, body cladding (that double as bumpers), C-pillar-mounted door handles, 90-degree-opening doors
- Features automatic headlamps, cruise control, a semi-digital instrument cluster, a 7-inch free-floating touchscreen infotainment system, connected car tech, and auto AC.
- Powered by an 86PS 1.2-litre petrol engine, paired with 5-speed manual and AMT options.
The Punch has a boxy silhouette and borrows certain design elements from the Harrier and Nexon
- The Punch is 3840mm long, 1800mm wide, and 1635mm tall; it is the widest car in its class
- The Punch SUV is expected to be priced from Rs 5.5 lakh (ex-showroom) onward. This puts it in the same bracket as the Mahindra KUV100 NXT and Maruti Ignis, and also set for a tussle with the Maruti Swift and Hyundai Grand i10 Nios.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius