Sports betting is a booming industry. The bookmaking industry is worth billions of dollars and the number of people willing to put their money where their mouth seems to be growing daily. But which one is the most prevalent sport wagered on?
The most widely held sport in the world is soccer, sometimes known as European football. It has a huge following and attracts a lot of bettors worldwide. There are many reasons for this popularity and betting volume.
First, football is easy to follow and understand, making it attractive to viewers. Second, there are many games in a season which means more opportunities for bettors to place their bets. Third, various ways to place bets on football games (e.g., head-to-head betting, over/under-betting) exist. Fourth, it is easy for people worldwide to bet on soccer betway due to their popularity across different countries and cultures.
Tennis is an individual, or team sport played on a rectangular court with a small, hollow rubber ball. The game’s objective is to play the ball, so the opponent cannot play it back to the court and score points.
There are a few factors that make tennis such an attractive sport for gamblers. One of them is that it’s easy to understand and follow the rules, which means people can start betting on it immediately without much prior knowledge. The other reason is that there are a lot of opportunities to place bets on different outcomes, like who will win or lose, who will win more sets and so on.
The NFL is also known as American Football. 32 clubs from the National Football Conference and the American Football Conference make up the National Football League (NFL), a pro American football league. NFL is an outdoor team sport that was developed from rugby and soccer. In this game, two teams of eleven players try to score points by advancing the ball into each other’s end zone.
The NFL is prevalent as it has a large market, making it a great revenue source for any business. It also has an average of 18 regular season games, so there is plenty of opportunity to place bets on games each week and make some money.
eSports is online gaming that has become very popular in recent years. The most popular eSports games are League of Legends, Dota 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. There are many reasons for its popularity: it is easy to play and doesn’t require expensive equipment; it can be watched on TV or live-streamed, and it’s a spectator sport with competitions worldwide attracting large crowds.
The growth of eSports has generated large amounts of revenue through sponsorship deals and advertising revenue. There are also betting websites where people can place bets on eSports matches just like they would on traditional sports like football or basketball.
There are many different sports that gamers bet on. These sports can be categorized into four different categories: team sports, individual sports, gambling games, and spectator sports. The sports with the most bettors are the most popular ones.
- As per the Public Gambling Act of 1867, all Indian states, except Goa, Daman and Sikkim, prohibit gambling
- Land-based casinos are legalized, with certain guidelines, in Goa and Daman, as per the Goa, Daman and Diu Public Gambling Act 1976
- Land-based casinos, Online gambling and E-gaming (games of chance) are legalized in Sikkim under the Sikkim Online Gaming (Regulation) Rules 2009
- Only some Indian states have legalized online/regular lotteries as per and subject to the conditions laid down by state laws. Kindly refer to the same here
- Horse racing and betting on horse racing, including online betting, is permitted only in a licensed premise in select states. Kindly refer to the 1996 Judgement by the Supreme Court Of India here and for more information
- This article does not endorse or express the views of Qrius and/or any of its staff.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius