Gambling addiction is a problem for many in the UK. There is an estimation that around half a million people suffer from some form of gambling. However, there is help available to them. However, the vast majority arenít aware that the help exists. The two main ways to tackle your addiction are: self-exclusion from gambling or joining a support group. We have researched and reviewed some self-exclusion services available in the UK at present. Looking for a self-exclusion service in the UK that is actually popular by the casino industry? Read below to find the best self-exclusion services you can find in the UK.†
GamStop is one of the self-exclusion schemes in the UK. It is a creation of White Hat Gaming, a major online software developer. The developer dealt with several online casinos. GamStop continues gaining a lot of popularity among players who want to avoid gambling addiction and its consequences. This self-exclusion scheme helps players to take control of their gambling habits and practice healthy gaming. This is by excluding themselves from participating in it for a determined period. After signing up for GamStop, you will face a permanent ban from playing on any of the 1500+ casinos that work with this service such as casinomir.com.†
If you are interested in joining Gamstop, you can do it for free on their website. Here’s how it works. When you choose to join the GamStop network, it collects your details. There is addition to the registry that all casinos that work with this service have access to. If a player tries to register at such a casino during their exclusion period, they will not be able to do so. This is because they will be automatically detected and blocked. In addition, players can choose to exclude themselves from receiving marketing emails and text messages until the end of the exclusion period.†
GamCare is a registered charity that provides a wide range of support. This includes counselling and advice. You can use its self-exclusion service for free by visiting one of its locations. If you want to self-exclude from all British gambling sites, GamCare offers this service for free with its advisors. This will exclude you from any site thatís licensed in the UK, but it doesnít cover overseas casinos. You can set up a time limit on your self-exclusion with GamCare. This will automatically lift after 12 months. When deciding to continue with it after that point, you need to renew it manually.†
Unfortunately, the number of people who have a gambling problem is increasing. Moreover, a trend that neither the government nor gambling providers can afford at a time when they are trying to increase their market share. The best advice we can give you is to play responsibly. In addition, if you do feel that you are starting to lose control of your playing, speak to someone. Check these sites on the best support groups and apps for gambling addicts. They can provide an excellent way to support your decision to quit gambling and help you focus on overcoming your addiction.
- As per the Public Gambling Act of 1867, all Indian states, except Goa, Daman and Sikkim, prohibit gambling
- Land-based casinos are legalized, with certain guidelines, in Goa and Daman, as per the Goa, Daman and Diu Public Gambling Act 1976††
- Land-based casinos, Online gambling and E-gaming (games of chance) are legalized in Sikkim under the Sikkim Online Gaming (Regulation) Rules 2009
- Only some Indian states have legalized online/regular lotteries as per and subject to the conditions laid down by state laws. Kindly refer to the same here
- Horse racing and betting on horse racing, including online betting, is permitted only in a licensed premise in select states. Kindly refer to the 1996 Judgement by the Supreme Court Of India here and for more information
- This article does not endorse or express the views of Qrius and/or any of its staff.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius