At the beginning of its history, Honor had everything necessary for promising development: products aimed at young people, affordable prices by reducing the number of costs, convenient way of sale – through the Internet. All this became an engine for the expansion of the smartphone market worldwide. In addition, Honor had a trail of fame and popularity of its parent company Huawei.
As of the end of 2021, at home, in China, Honor is the 3rd largest seller. It is surpassed only by OPPO and Vivo. Honor is not yet in the top 5 in terms of sales in the world, but the trend is positive. These devices are great for playing casino in India online and other, more labor-intensive entertainment.
A brief history of HONOR: again with Google services
The brand was founded as a subsidiary of Huawei Corporation in 2013 and focused primarily on the young audience. The smartphones were produced, taking into account the requirements of modern users. As a result, it had a reasonable balance of build quality, price, and performance. Sales of Honor smartphones went through online stores. Honor representatives note this as one of the main factors that influenced the affordability of the price.
Honor brand is represented in more than 70 countries. However, against the backdrop of disagreements with the U.S. and subsequent sanctions, Honor began to suffer, as did Huawei. Finally, according to the official version, it got to the point where Honor was sold to save the parent company Huawei. Next, the brand is moving on its trajectory and finally brought Google services back into its devices.
What are the HONOR smartphones? Current model lines
A massive number of smartphones have been released during the brand’s existence. The presence of a ready base of Huawei developments affects. There are also many lines, but most are either updated rarely or abandoned altogether.
By the way, it is worth noting that some Honor models of the past years are almost mirror-like to certain Huawei smartphones.
Numbers designate the current flagship models from Honor. For example, Honor 50 or Honor 30. A higher number means a more “stuffed” device. The Lite after the number speaks for itself is a lighter version. Some features and functionality have been cut and, therefore, cheapened.
In addition, the “X” and “i” series are often on sale. The former is plus or minus the average price segment. The “i” is a slightly simplified version of the flagships. Although the line is positioned as a series with the best price/quality ratio, there is no pronounced line of succession in the characteristics – skews in the series can be observed in either direction: the display, processor, or cameras.
Pros and cons: reviews of HONOR smartphones
In general, even initially, users warmly welcomed the new smartphones. Perhaps affected by the effect of freshness, but to a greater extent, it was a new approach to distribution, accessibility, and a large selection of models.
Those for whom the brand’s smartphones were positioned – young people – appreciated the ranges with unusual color schemes and new design solutions. Externally, the devices look stylish, while the designs do not seem too pretentious and inappropriate.
As for the internal stuffing, Honor smartphones can be balanced for universal use due to various models. However, you can find individual models assembled with a clear bias, for example, in the direction of performance – for games and heavy applications.
A clear plus can be called and the fact that the price of models for a long time remains competitive with good technical equipment. It is valuable, given that Honor often introduces innovative technologies in its best smartphones.
The severe disadvantages include a somewhat limited selection of models right now. In addition, production volumes have been hit hard by the changes, first with the sanctions for Huawei and then with the sale of Honor.
Top 6 HONOR smartphones in 2022
HONOR’s lineup of relatively new smartphones isn’t as rich as we’d like it to be. But the company still has a ways to go. Nevertheless, there are plenty to choose from even among the small number of current models. So, which of Honore’s phones is the best and most inexpensive?
- HONOR 10i. The smartphone’s body is presented in a typical Honors design – a shimmering back panel made of polymer material. For communication, you can use two SIM cards in nanoSIM format. But you have to look for a compromise because two SIM + SD-card can not be installed. The micro-USB connector is used for charging – not an uncommon move for smartphone vendors in the budget segment. The Kirin 710 processor with eight cores is responsible for the performance;
- Huawei Honor 20 Lite. Inexpensive good phone Honore. The design is concise and thin. Because of the slightly smaller diagonal compared to the main competitors, it seems more compact. The back panel is shimmering. Because of the slim design, the camera unit noticeably protrudes from the plane of the back cover. On a flat surface, the smartphone will lie a little uneven. There is a fingerprint scanner in the center of the back panel. The chip is Kirin 710.;
- Huawei Honor 30i. From all sides, the 30i looks similar to the Honor 9C. The body is made of plastic, even the front frame framing the display. Both the back and the front panels are covered with a special grease-repellent coating, which reduces the number of fingerprints and other dirt. The camera module is compact and does not particularly stand out against the body;
- Honor 50 Lite. The user is prepared 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of own memory. The Snapdragon 662 processor uses a configuration of cores 4+4. Such iron is enough for comfortable work in most tasks. And in general, it is a cheap Honor phone with a good balance of features;
- HONOR 50. The best Honore phone to date at an affordable price. The block of 4 main camera modules stands out firmly on the glossy. It is also divided into two clusters. One has a lens with a simply colossal matrix – 108 MP (despite the apparent marketing, the camera is good)—the second cluster – for the comprehensive angle module, macro objects, and depth of scene sensor. The flagship’s hardware is also not lacking. Snapdragon 778G 5G can run many modern games provide a smooth interface and overall operation of the device. It also supports 5G.
You can read here if you want to know the rating of other phones in 2022.
Which is better, according to reviews: Honor or Redmi?
Of course, comparing Honore’s current position with any other brand is a bit subjective. Especially when it comes to comparing it to the Redmi sub-brand of one of the world’s leading smartphone manufacturers, Xiaomi. But even in such circumstances, Honor shows an interesting dynamic. If you consider that it was leading the world a couple of years ago, then the company’s potential is enormous. What Honor loses now is the scarce lineup and the limited supply in our countries. But it is probably only a matter of time. They have everything they need to enter the global market. There are Google services past successful developments, and the employee and technology base is also there.
In terms of technical data, the two brands are neck and neck. Except that Honor uses its own unique Kirin chips. Accordingly, it can create processors for the required model range, taking into account the peculiarities of these smartphones. Plus, firmware optimization is much easier when it uses its technical base.
- As per the Public Gambling Act of 1867, all Indian states, except Goa, Daman and Sikkim, prohibit gambling
- Land-based casinos are legalized, with certain guidelines, in Goa and Daman, as per the Goa, Daman and Diu Public Gambling Act 1976
- Land-based casinos, Online gambling and E-gaming (games of chance) are legalized in Sikkim under the Sikkim Online Gaming (Regulation) Rules 2009
- Only some Indian states have legalized online/regular lotteries as per and subject to the conditions laid down by state laws. Kindly refer to the same here
- Horse racing and betting on horse racing, including online betting, is permitted only in a licensed premise in select states. Kindly refer to the 1996 Judgement by the Supreme Court Of India here and for more information
- This article does not endorse or express the views of Qrius and/or any of its staff.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius