Most people have goals, aspirations and dreams in life which require substantial wealth accumulation over time. So, whether someone wishes to buy a villa by the beach or to retire early or comfortably, proper investment planning is a must. A well laid-out investment plan is like a road map that can show what one can achieve in life. However, in today’s day-and-age, the majority either have little time, small investment pool or are not too familiar with the nuances of investing. For such investors in India, mutual funds (MFs) have emerged as a reliable investment avenue over the last few years. By offering professional investment management, asset diversification, convenience and flexibility, MF schemes have captured investor’s attention in a big way. With the value of assets under management (AUM) of MFs jumping almost 50% in the last three years to Rs. 24.3 trillion in June 2019, according to data from the Association of Mutual Funds in India.
Primary steps of prudent financial planning include understanding your risk profile, financial requirements and investment targets. But, with jobs, family and social commitments, most people have little time left to micro-manage investments, which either leads to missed opportunities or exposure to unnecessary risks. ICICI Direct’s One Click Investment is the latest technological innovation to overcome these hurdles which brings the benefits of mutual fund investments for investors across categories and risk profile. In a way that is simple, personalised and time efficient. This product provides customers with an unbiased advisory, customized and risk-adjusted investment portfolio and real-time performance monitoring with just a few clicks.
One Click Investment not only make MF investments a simplified, customised and time-saving experience, but it also helps customers achieve desirable returns, lets them invest according to their goals and manage their portfolio – anywhere, anytime.Basically, it allows investors to ‘pace’ their mutual fund investments by bringing Performance, Analysis, Customisation and Ease, a click away.
- Performance: Each Mutual Fund scheme listed under ‘One Click Investment’ is backed by ICICI Direct’s award-winning Research Recommendations and historically, they have outperformed the benchmark in a consistent manner.
- Analysis: An extensive analysis of both qualitative and quantitative parameters to identify top-performing schemes and customers can choose from various research-recommended baskets of MF schemes according to their risk profile and financial requirements.
- Customisation: In order to allow clients to make investments in a manner that suits them, the option to invest a lump sum amount or through SIPs is available in all listed baskets under One Click Investment. Moreover, they can define ‘Goal’ and ‘Goal description’ for each basket of investment to track their individual performance and manage them and receive customized notifications on change of recommendation (e.g. from Buy to Sell) in the underlying schemes.
- Ease: Apart from being able to invest in top-rated Mutual Fund Scheme in a single click, customers can track historical performance as well as the future value of the investments with intuitive charts and goal-wise indicators. This helps investors stay on top of their investment targets and performance with just a click.
A portfolio for everyone
One Click Investment under MF provides investors access to a variety of research-backed pre-defined investment baskets. Customers can choose any of the following portfolios according to their risk appetite and investment goals:
- Maximiser: It focuses on true diversification by spreading exposure across top-rated Large-, Multi-, Mid- and Small Cap MF schemes to help capture the best of market cycles and sectors. Since this is an equity-based portfolio it is ideal for those looking to invest with a 5 to 10-year horizon with superior returns.
- Builder: While this portfolio leans towards equity schemes (60%-80%), it also offers the cushion of debt (20%-40%). It is ideal for those who seek the upside of equity investments with relatively lower volatility in returns.
- Stable: It is a portfolio that comes with ‘built-in’ stability yet provides better returns than fixed deposits. Nearly 70% of the allocation is towards Debt schemes with limited participation in equities through large-cap funds.
- 50-Fifty: This portfolio offers a perfect blend of low-risk investments as well as growth by making equal allocations in Equity and Debt schemes. This blend is ideal for investors seeking growth potential of equity along with the stability of debt.
- Secure: Under this basket, the underlying schemes invest in quality corporate bonds and short- term debt instruments thereby making earnings more visible. It is an ideal investment with a safety net where investors that don’t have to worry about the stability in returns.
Once an investor chooses the One Click Investment option on ICICI Direct website, the whole process of managing the portfolio becomes simplified and automated. Above all, Mutual Fund Transaction charges are not applicable for investments done through One Click Investment. This do help them comfortably inch a step closer towards their wealth-creation goals.
ICICI Securities Ltd.( I-Sec). Registered office of I-Sec is at ICICI Securities Ltd. – ICICI Centre, H. T. Parekh Marg, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400020, India, Tel No : 022 – 2288 2460, 022 – 2288 2470. AMFI Regn. No.: ARN-0845. We are distributors for Mutual funds. Please note that Mutual Fund Investments are subject to market risks, read all scheme related documents carefully.
The contents herein above shall not be considered as an invitation or persuasion to trade or invest. Investors should make independent judgment with regard suitability, profitability, and fitness of any product or service offered herein above. I-Sec and affiliates accept no liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius