There has been a giant leap in technology over the past years. Computer technology has been a huge help to various industries as it makes work simpler, easier, and quicker. It also makes monitoring, revising, and upgrading a breeze. One of the most notable advancements in technology is artificial intelligence (AI). Well, you probably have heard of Artificial Intelligence technology. It has been a hot topic for the past years, and if you are keen to know more about it, especially its effect on the online gaming sector, you have come to the right place. The introduction of artificial intelligence technology has changed the gaming and entertainment industry in many ways. One of the industries that greatly benefited from artificial intelligence is the online gaming industry.
If you are curious about how artificial intelligence positively affected the online gaming industry, keep reading below. Below are the benefits offered by AI to the online gaming sector.
- Enhanced gaming experience – How does Artificial Intelligence enhance players’ gaming experience? Well, through the use of AI, video games became more vibrant and creative. Players feel like they are in the actual video game setting, causing them to be more engrossed in playing the game. It would also encourage more players to try out the game as it offers an immersive gaming experience.
- Reduction in human labour – Operating online games is not easy. There is a support team consisting of several people, such as the technical support team and developers. These teams of experts analyze the functions of the game in a live setting and will do all the necessary measures to improve the gamer’s experience. With artificial intelligence (AI), the taxing task of operating and monitoring online games can be reduced to a greater extent. The Artificial Intelligence technology will be the one handling the operational tasks such as registering and recording changes in players’ gaming style and habits. Human intervention is still needed, but Artificial Intelligence will handle the majority of the task.
- Control online gaming addiction – Online games are not only entertaining but addicting too. Hence, it is important to observe measures to keep track of gambling addiction. Casinos know how uncontrolled gambling can lead to addiction, and it will affect not only the gamblers but also their significant others. Hence, the very reason casinos have a special section that promotes responsible gambling and offers help to gamblers who feel like their gambling is out of control. Keeping an eye on players’ gaming behaviour is a tedious task, but it can be done effectively and easily with the help of artificial intelligence technology. The AI technology will keep track of players’ gaming behaviour to help the gaming operators come up with the necessary measures to control gaming addiction.
- Speedy game upgrades – The Artificial Intelligence Technology lets gaming operators know and understand the players’ behaviour, wants, and preferences, which are essential when doing game upgrades. The best live casinos use the artificial intelligence technology to make their game better, entertaining and appealing to the target market. Depending on the result of Artificial Intelligence analysis, your favourite casino game can be tweaked a little to make it more appealing.
- Ensures fairer gameplay – Gambling in some places remain in the grey area. You cannot really say if it is legal or not. More so, there are thousands of rules and regulations that need to be followed, and sometimes too many rules make things all the more complicated. With Artificial Intelligence technology, all rules and regulations are ensured to be followed. Those players who try to control and manipulate the game will have a hard time doing so, and if they do so, they could be eventually caught through the help of AI technology. It would lead to the banning of their account. It is one of the primary reasons why many online gambling portals use Artificial Intelligence technology as it helps them achieve and maintain fairer gameplay. If you are an online gambler, you would surely want to play on a platform that ensures fair and equal games.
We live in the computer world, and it is not surprising that computers power most things around us. The online gaming industry is one of the sectors that benefited a lot from computers. Artificial intelligence technology, popularly known as AI, is without a doubt one of the most useful improvements in digital technology. It has benefited a lot of sectors, especially the online gaming and gambling industries. The things mentioned above are some of the benefits offered by artificial intelligence (AI). There are a lot more, and slowly online gaming operators are adapting to AI technology. Players are also looking for AI integration as it gives them a sense of safety, security, and the guarantee that they will enjoy the game.
- As per the Public Gambling Act of 1867, all Indian states, except Goa, Daman and Sikkim, prohibit gambling
- Land-based casinos are legalized, with certain guidelines, in Goa and Daman, as per the Goa, Daman and Diu Public Gambling Act 1976
- Land-based casinos, Online gambling and E-gaming (games of chance) are legalized in Sikkim under the Sikkim Online Gaming (Regulation) Rules 2009
- Only some Indian states have legalized online/regular lotteries as per and subject to the conditions laid down by state laws. Kindly refer to the same here
- Horse racing and betting on horse racing, including online betting, is permitted only in a licensed premise in select states. Kindly refer to the 1996 Judgement by the Supreme Court Of India here and for more information
- This article does not endorse or express the views of Qrius and/or any of its staff.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius