Critical illness refers to a life-threatening condition, which needs prolonged treatment. Multiple medical ailments can be classified as critical illnesses. These include heart disease, stroke, cancer, kidney failure, organ transplant, etc. These diseases not only take a toll on the mental and physical health of the patient but also severely puncture the finances.
With the rising cost of medical care in India, critical illness treatment has become supremely expensive. As reported by the National Sample Survey (NSS), 2017–2018, the average cancer treatment cost in private hospitals was ₹1,41,774, and in public hospitals, it was ₹72,092. This is exclusive of medications, chemotherapy and all the diagnostic procedures, as well as the recovery assistance. Averagely, a single chemotherapy session can cost nearly ₹1 lakh, depending upon the severity.
With such high figures and the increasing risk factors of critical illness, the need for critical illness insurance is inevitable. Critical insurance plan financially protects you and your family against all specified illnesses. Most plans offer lump sum benefit to enable easy and quick treatment.
Consider Aegon Life Critical Illness Insurance
Aegon Life understands your concerns and deeply cares for your health. Given the rising burden of critical illness in people of all ages and gender, Aegon Life offers a specialised critical illness insurance plan to cover the entire cost of specific life-threatening ailments.
The Aegon Life Critical Illness insurance plan aims to cover all high-risk critical issues. This plan is precisely structured with friendly features to offer you the much-needed financial security in times when you and your family most need it.
The plan provides financial protection against 36 critical illnesses. Some of these include:
- Cancer of specific severity
- Major organ or bone marrow transplant
- Heart attack
- Stroke causing permanent symptoms
- Heart valve surgery
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Surgery for aorta disease
- Kidney failure requiring dialysis
- Major burns
- Aorta Graft surgery
- Coma of specific intensity
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of speech
- Loss of limbs
- Head trauma
- Parkinson’s disease
- Brain tumour (benign)
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Apallic syndrome
- Muscular Dystrophy
Key features of Aegon Life critical illness plan are:
- Available for people between 18 and 55 years of age. Maximum maturity age is 65 years.
- Offers five different plans, each with a separate life cover and critical illness cover.
- Pays an upfront lump sum, in case the policyholder is diagnosed with any of the 36 listed critical illnesses.
- Gives an assured death benefit to the beneficiary, in case of demise of the policyholder.
- Provides flexibility of premium payment – yearly, half-yearly, quarterly and monthly.
- Requires no medical test.
- Offers instant digital policy.
- Allows free look cancellation, within 15 days from the purchase of the policy.
- Provides tax benefits under Section 80C and 80D.
With Aegon Life critical illness insurance policy, you can secure your and your family’s future at affordable premiums that do not hurt the pocket. The extensive coverage, easy claim process and best-in-class features make the Aegon Life critical illness plan the perfect shield against the mounting burden of life-threatening diseases today. Check out Aegon Life’s term insurance plans too!
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius