The idea of an essay on volunteering is too wide. As the writer, you have such options as reviewing the benefits and demerits to the volunteer as well as social perceptions and social value arising from such acts. Instead of struggling with such technicalities you can go to a website that writes your essays within a few days, and get your A+ grade paper.
The starting point is to understand what is meant by a thesis. The thesis of an essay is that statement that identifies the topic or subject of discussion. This is different from the title. For the sake of definition, the title tells the reader what to expect from an essay. A thesis statement, on the other hand, is more technical. It is an extension of the title, but this time it gives specific details about the subject of discussion.
Creating a Thesis Statement
Consider the topic on volunteering. There are so many areas you can cover, including the importance to recipients of the volunteering spirit, the monetary value, and necessity for college students. However, when drawing your thesis statement, you must be specific. For instance, you must indicate the specific angle you are taking. For instance, you can say that volunteering helps students to learn about the target industry and prepare to join such industries upon graduation. A reader can already determine the direction you are taking with such a thesis statement.
A thesis statement will be strong if it meets the following criteria.
- Limited Subject- the statement narrows down the subject of study to a very specific area. For instance, it may tackle volunteering among college students or seniors. From the statement, the reader should automatically know the direction you are taking with the discussion. Generalizations of the idea on volunteering with not pass the test of a strong thesis statement.
- Precise Opinion- the idea is to clearly state your stand on the issue at hand. The reader will know your stand from the beginning. You will spend the remaining chapters of your essay proving the assertion you made in the thesis statement. In fact, you collect data and choose reference materials geared towards proving your point. If a reader does not agree with your statement, he will continue reading with the aim of understanding why your opinions differ.
- Blueprint of reason- It is a hint of the evidence you have to support the position taken. It is a blueprint because it does not come with details. This is one element that makes a thesis statement more of an academic phrase than an opinion. It is the first step you take towards proving your point. If a reader buys your reasoning, you can be sure he will go deeper into the chapters to unravel the hidden facts. A weak thesis statement on the other hand causes the reader to begin doubting your ideas early. The reader may trash the paper completely.
Some thesis statements are more complex. It usually occurs when you want to dismiss ideas espoused by other scholars. For that reason, you make reference to their work and at the same time provide an alternative to their conclusion.
Even in such a case where the thesis statement is not straightforward, you must be clear on the area of the other thesis you are attacking. Your alternative opinion must also be as clear as daylight. Anyone reading the two papers will see the fault lines you have identified and the new perspective you promise to introduce.
How to Get your Thesis Statement Right
The strategic position of a thesis statement will define your essay. As indicated earlier, a reader will decide to continue or abandon your paper based on the thesis statement. For this reason, you must get it right.
For a good reason, academic papers are a test every step of the way. In fact, the awarding of marks begins from the title page to the title and commas or full stops in your writing. It calls for eternal vigilance as you craft your paper. Do not panic. You can still get it right. Here are a few tips to help you develop the strongest thesis statement for a volunteering essay.
- Consider your topic
The thesis statement is an extension of your title in the sense that it gives a more specific view of the idea you are discussing. For this reason, every idea captured in your thesis statement must be hinted in the topic. The best essay topics on volunteering will each come with a different thesis statement because they are unique. In case you detect that the essay topic and the thesis statement address different issues, it is time to evaluate one of them and make adjustments.
- Use samples
Samples give you a better idea of how to choose a thesis statement. The samples come from the works of other students or reference materials ascertained by the department. You can imitate the format used by the volunteering essay samples but do not copy.
The safest way to use thesis statement samples is to ensure that they are credible. Credible samples come from your supervisor or from the library. Such sources have a credible way of vetting the samples to ensure that they meet the required academic standards. Use samples as a checklist to confirm whether you have the right template.
- Hire a professional writer
You do not have to struggle with all the technicalities of crafting an academic paper. There are professional writers ready to take up your essay, write it in a few hours or days, and deliver it for submission. These are professional writers who have worked with other students on similar projects. Through their help, these students have found time to start businesses, engage in sports, or engage in other private matters.
The best writer is one who has trained in an area similar to what your essay is about. For instance, if the essay is sociology, the best writer is a sociologist graduate. You will get this information from the profile of these writers.
The best essay services provide professional details of their contracted or freelance writers. The details are on the profile, indicating the areas of specialization, years of experience, rating by other clients, and such information that will help you to make a decision. Choose the best writer to enhance your chances of getting a good thesis statement, and essay by extension.
Checklist for a strong thesis statement
You will do a lot of writing in your academic life. While you have the option of hiring professional writer, you must know how to assess their quality of work, and especially the thesis statement that anchors your paper. Use the following checklist to ascertain whether the thesis statement meets the required standards.
- Ability to be argued
- Ability to be demonstrated
A strong thesis statement raises questions regarding your point or perspective. With such properties, you arouse curiosity in a reader, compelling him to read beyond the first chapter. As an addition, do not use first-person in the statement even though you could be expressing personal opinion. Make the statement to appear absolute and divorced from the writer. Go forth and write the best thesis for an essay on volunteering.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius