Since the first legal sportsbook went live on September 9, 2021, sports betting has mushroomed in the Copper State. Now, players can place bets with any of 17 legal bookies. In Arizona, bettors have the option to show up at retail sportsbooks or bet online via laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
Bookies strive to provide the best betting experience regardless of how they place their bets. However, online betting — especially via betting apps — comes with many advantages. It’s not necessary to travel, as you have to do with in-person betting. What’s more, apps offer many extra features to help you place bets easily. It is also easier to personalize your betting experience, unlike with desktop sites.
Legal betting apps in Arizona
Although all 17 bookies have a license from the Arizona Department of Gaming (ADG), not all offer a betting app. Only the most well-established operators offer Arizona betting apps. This is due to high costs associated with development, maintenance and updates.
Here are some legal betting apps for anyone who wants to bet on sports in Arizona.
BetRivers sportsbook app — Available for both Android and iOS devices, BetRivers mobile app offers a user-friendly interface. Players can also use password saver to facilitate betting on the go and the live streaming feature.
DraftKings sportsbook app — This is an innovative app. Its many features make gaming with it an unforgettable experience. The app employs the famous betting carousel feature to personalize your betting experience, plus password savers, stats hub, and push-up notifications.
BetMGM sportsbook app — With the powerful brand recognition of the casino group, BetMGM betting app also boasts an excellent user interface. Navigating the app is easy and smooth. It also has exclusive features to take advantage of, like the M Live rewards program.
FanDuel Sportsbook app — Offered by FanDuel, a leading bookie nationally, the FanDuel sportsbook app offers an exciting betting experience. Players can enjoy its sleek betting interface, personalized markets, and player limits feature, among others.
Caesars sportsbook app — As an iconic name in both the sports betting and casino industry, Caesars brings one of the best mobile betting services to Arizona players. It offers a top-notch mobile betting app, available for both Android and iOS devices. Alongside other features like a stats hub, push-up notification, and password savers, it brings a bookie’s simple betting interface to your mobile device.
How to choose the best sportsbook app in Arizona
With the many sportsbook apps accepting bets within the state’s boundaries, choosing the best one for you can feel like a chore. Nevertheless, there are several fundamental factors to bear in mind, when deciding whether to bet with a certain betting app.
Here are three features to consider before signing up with a betting app in Arizona.
1. Security and safety: A good betting app should be licensed by ADG and use the latest security features like SSL to protect users’ data and bankrolls.
2. Market coverage: A desirable bookie’s app offers a wide range of markets for betting, both in and outside Arizona.
3. Payment methods: For efficiency and ease of use, a good Arizona betting app should offer a variety of trusted payment methods.
- As per the Public Gambling Act of 1867, all Indian states, except Goa, Daman and Sikkim, prohibit gambling
- Land-based casinos are legalized, with certain guidelines, in Goa and Daman, as per the Goa, Daman and Diu Public Gambling Act 1976
- Land-based casinos, Online gambling and E-gaming (games of chance) are legalized in Sikkim under the Sikkim Online Gaming (Regulation) Rules 2009
- Only some Indian states have legalized online/regular lotteries as per and subject to the conditions laid down by state laws. Kindly refer to the same here
- Horse racing and betting on horse racing, including online betting, is permitted only in a licensed premise in select states. Kindly refer to the 1996 Judgement by the Supreme Court Of India here and for more information
- This article does not endorse or express the views of Qrius and/or any of its staff.