With the expansion of entrepreneurship in the world, new concepts have become popular among entrepreneurs and startups that did not exist before. Co-Working space is one of these concepts that has been proposed to help startup space. A shared workspace is a collection in which people, including freelancers, telecommuters, start-ups, and generally anyone with no place to work, come together to work in the same work environment. In general, a shared workspace is a collection that allows individuals and companies active in startups to be present in a commonplace and enjoy its various benefits. You may be wondering what is the difference between a shared workspace and an accelerator center? Despite the similarities between the two concepts, there are also fundamental differences. For example, in the definition of an accelerator, the issue of partnership is raised, which is not defined at all in shared workspaces. In a shared workspace, you pay for desks, chairs, internet, and amenities provided. This cost is small compared to renting an independent venue and providing its facilities. This trend is economically beneficial for startups, and this cost reduction can help increase the chances of startup success. According to research, the effects of shared workspace on the growth and development of individuals and businesses are very large. The question that arises here is how do these spaces make people progress? Or why do people grow more in a collaborative work environment? These are the main questions that we want to answer in this article.
Why do People Grow more in a Co-Working Environment?
Research has shown that people are more productive in Co-Working environments than when they sit at home or work in a cafe. There are several reasons that this type of space, makes people more productive.
- Increase Social Interactions: A shared workspace is a place where startup teams or people who work freely work together in a common space. In these spaces, there are conditions that you can interact with these teams and individuals if you want. Each of the teams and individuals present at this venue is proficient in a particular field. Therefore, by increasing your social interactions, you can communicate with these people and get help from their expertise if needed. This helps prevent problems from getting in the way of your success. Accordingly, it can be said that the effects of a shared work environment can be used to solve problems more easily and, ultimately, more business success.
- Create a Dynamic Atmosphere: One of the things that make freelancers, startups, and other businesses unsuccessful in their work is their laziness and procrastination. This also happens because of the freedoms they have. For example, people who work in a startup in a regular office have the freedom to do something whenever they want. This is not the case in a collaborative work environment. In these spaces, everyone is working and trying. Therefore, people do not allow themselves to be indifferent to their work. In this way, everything will be processed on time. This is the reason why startups and people are advancing in the collaborative workspace.
- Withdrawal of Certain Restrictions: Another effect of shared workspace on businesses is the removal of some restrictions. In employment offices or offices, you must be present at the workplace at the appointed time and leave at the appointed time. In addition, you can not be present at work on holidays. While in the shared workspace there is no news of these restrictions. Startups and people who want to work in a shared workspace have no restrictions on working hours and days. You can work all day in these centers. Even if you want or need it, you can be present in the shared workspace on weekends and do your work.
- Provide a Suitable Platform for Finding an Investor: Another effect of shared workspace on businesses is to create a suitable environment for finding investors. A shared workspace is a place for startups and other businesses. These businesses can hold events in these centers and exchange ideas with people who work in this field. In this way, they can encourage companies or individuals to invest in their business. It should be noted that some collaborative workspaces provide a support network so that startups can enjoy investor support.
- Create Conditions for Discussion and Experience: As mentioned, in a collaborative work environment, there are opportunities for different people and teams to interact with each other and share their experiences and opinions with others during discussions and events. On the other hand, you can talk to other people who work in this workspace and use their experiences for your work. Of course, social interaction with other people present in these spaces is not mandatory, and people can choose the time and manner of this interaction themselves.
Many start-ups see the creation of a shared workspace as one of the most basic steps in building an active entrepreneurial ecosystem in cities. Shared workspace is a vast and diverse world that the latest businesses can use as a great safe haven to advance their goals and gain countless benefits. Currently, the number of people interested in establishing a shared workspace is increasing. We are now witnessing the emergence of many common workspaces in large cities such as Dubai. Now, Co-Working in Dubai has become more popular than before. By the popularity of such spaces among new startups, the city can improve too.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius