Designed across Tata Motor’s studios in India, the UK and Italy, the ‘Punch‘ has been developed to herald an entirely new category – the sub-compact SUV, to address a growing customer need for a small-sized but SUV-like feature-packed i.e. big on space, safety, performance, vehicle for the upwardly mobile Indian consumer.
5 Things You Need To Know About The New Tata Punch
- The new Punch is the first SUV from the ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) architecture and it offers the agility of a hatchback with the DNA of an SUV.
- Tata Punch has an ARAI-certified fuel efficiency – 18.97 km per litre on manual transmission and 18.82 km per litre on an automatic transmission.
- The Punch is the recipient of the Global NCAP 5-star rating (16.453) for adult occupant protection and 4-star rating (40.891) for child occupant protection.
- Tata Punch would sit below Nexon in the company’s product line-up. It features a 1.2-litre petrol engine and is available in both manual and automatic transmissions.
- Bookings for the Tata Punch began earlier this month for an amount of Rs 21,000. It is available in 4 distinct ‘Personas’ – Pure, Adventure, Accomplished and Creative, with customization packs