You’ve been dreaming of remodeling your Boston condo for ages. And now, you’re ready to pull the trigger. But where do you begin? And how much can you expect to pay?
A condo remodel is a significant investment, but a well-executed renovation is well worth the cost. A successful renovation can enhance the value of a condo, increase functionality and efficiency, and transform the space to fit your needs. For example, if you’ve been working from home more frequently, your remodel can be geared toward increasing productivity by integrating smart home features, adding a home office, and installing soundproof windows.
If you are considering renovating your Boston-based condo, choosing a trusted Boston general contractor is the most important step. Your contractor will work with you every step of the way, helping you plan your remodel, select materials, and even assist with interior design. Choosing the right contractor will ensure an efficient and enjoyable remodeling experience. Choosing the wrong one can make life stressful during and after the project—nobody wants to suffer from remodel regret.
That’s why so many Boston residents choose Sleeping Dog Properties for their condo remodeling projects. Sleeping Dog Properties is an award-winning design-build firm with over 30 years of experience in the Boston area. Their extensive experience in custom condo renovations ensures that your project will be completed according to your needs and budget.
Sleeping Dog Properties: Boston’s Condo Remodeling Experts
Sleeping Dog Properties isn’t like other Boston general contractors. In fact, it was founded for that very reason—to be different. Chris Rapczynski founded the firm over 30 years after getting fed up with poor customer service and high employee turnover in the construction industry. He founded Sleeping Dog Properties to be a customer-centric design/build firm. He believed that quality comes from forging long-lasting trust and relationships, and he still does today.
As a hands-on leader, Chris Rapczynski oversees all aspects of the firm’s projects, ensuring that each one meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. Under his leadership, Sleeping Dog Properties has become a leader in the Boston luxury condo renovation market, delivering exceptional results to clients time and time again.
SDP has won multiple awards over the years for excellence in customer service and craftsmanship, including:
- Best General Contractor in Boston in 2022 by General Contractors Magazine
- 4 Best of Houzz Awards
- Boston Society of Design Award
- Boston Society of Architecture Access Award
- Features in Interiors Magazine, The Boston Globe, and many more…
Sleeping Dog Properties’ expertise in condo remodeling projects in Boston is unmatched. From Boston’s iconic brownstones to apartments in Millennium Tower, SDP has established itself as a trusted name in the Boston area. As a full-service firm, you won’t need to call anyone else for your condo remodel. Sleeping Dog Properties provides end-to-end services, from conceptualization to construction and everything in between.
Preparing for a Condo Remodel
Your condo remodeling project can become a reality much faster than you think. All it takes is a call to Sleeping Dog Properties to get the wheels turning. We will help you plan every step of the process.
Here are the steps you can take to prepare for your condo remodel:
- Talk to your HOA or condo board: The scope of your remodel will likely depend heavily on the regulations set by your building or HOA. This is especially true of many of Boston’s historic buildings. The first step is to contact your condo board and inform them of your desire to remodel. They’ll provide you with the do’s and don’ts.
- Consider your budget: It’s important to have an idea of your budget before you hire a general contractor. Understanding your financial constraints will help your contractor frame your project and offer you appropriate services and materials. The cost of your renovation will be proportional to the size and esteem of your space. For example, high-end condos will require costlier materials to maintain their value.
- Hire a general contractor: The right contractor can help you navigate the renovation process and ensure that your project is completed on time and within budget. They’ll also help you obtain permits and navigate any potential roadblocks, so it’s good to get them on board early in the process. A firm that offers comprehensive services, such as Sleeping Dog Properties, is able to assist you at every step—we do the work while you live your life with minimal interruption.
- Collaborate with your contractor to plan your remodel: Collaboration with your contractor is the most important part of a successful remodel. A customer-centric firm will focus on your needs at every step and be willing to adapt along the way in order to better serve you. Sleeping Dog Properties prides itself on delivering above-and-beyond remodels because of our deep commitment to our clients’ spaces and needs.
- Select materials and finishes: The materials and finishes you select will affect the look and durability of your renovation. That’s why it’s important to work with a design/build firm with an extensive network of suppliers. Having more material options will allow you to find the best fit for your budget. As veterans in the market, Sleeping Dog Properties has the most extensive local and international supply network of any Boston general contractor.
- Organize living arrangements during the remodel: Depending on the scope of the project, you may need to temporarily relocate during the renovation. If you have somewhere to stay, let your contractor know when you’ll be in and out of the condo. If you need to stay in your condo, your contractor should work with you to plan a renovation that minimizes disruptions to your daily life.
Profound Elegance and Unmatched Utility
Over the years, Sleeping Dog Properties has undertaken dozens of custom luxury condo remodeling projects. Here are a few that we’re especially proud of.
Custom Back Bay Condo at 334 Beacon
Our Boston design-build team collaborated closely with two hands-on clients to transform what was once a single bedroom in a larger townhouse into a luxurious condo. The challenge was to maximize the space while maintaining a high-end feel. The resulting condo showcases the growing trend of “jewelry box living” in Boston, where homeowners seek to downsize without sacrificing luxury.
Millennium Tower – Luxury Condo Remodel
This is one of the multiple condo remodeling projects Sleeping Dog Properties has undertaken in Boston’s iconic Millennium Tower. Our Boston team worked closely with Suffolk Construction and Elms Interior Design to achieve the client’s vision for a glamorous penthouse. This spacious condo features a floating stone fireplace, Venetian plaster, and home automation. The space exudes contemporary drama with high-gloss black doors, navy blue furniture, and brass accents.
Custom Condo on St. Botolph Street
This St. Botolph Street condo is one of Sleeping Dog Properties’ biggest transformations. Walls were removed to create a harmonious kitchen and living area, and custom millwork was added throughout, including in the kitchen, pantry, master bathroom, and guest bathroom. Bright colors, warm metals, and high-end finishes, selected by the design team, completed this luxurious renovation.
Your Boston Condo Remodeling Awaits
If your Boston condo is in need of a facelift, don’t wait to start your remodeling project. The sooner you get started, the sooner you’ll be able to make the most of your space and increase the value of your property. Plus, waiting longer will only increase the costs, especially if the condo has outdated amenities or structural damage.
Sleeping Dog Properties has a deep understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities that come with renovating a condo in the city, from navigating building codes to managing logistics in tight spaces. With a focus on quality, design, and functionality, Sleeping Dog Properties delivers stunning results that are both beautiful and practical.
Whether it’s a full-scale renovation or a small-scale update, the firm’s designers and builders work closely with clients to understand their needs and preferences, creating customized solutions that exceed expectations.
Get in touch with Sleeping Dog Properties today to explore the design/build possibilities for your condo remodeling project.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius