New Developments in the Gaming Industry
Modern technological advances have helped transform online casinos beyond recognition. From artistic innovations in the interface design to ultra convenient payment methods, everything is tailored to attract new customers and retain existing ones.
The online gambling market is now busier than ever, offering an infinite variety of exciting betting options for gamers, as well as lucrative investment opportunities for gaming service providers. According to Wikipedia, the online gaming industry makes more than $40 billion per year worldwide, and the numbers are still on the rise.
The advent of HTML5 technology has made it possible for gambling providers to relocate from brick-and-mortar venues and personal computers to your mobile devices, which created noticeable advantages for gamers.
Freedom of Movement
You can now enjoy your favourite games and place bets wherever you may be at the moment and at any time too. In fact, you do not even need a secure Wi-Fi connection for some mobile applications. All you have to do is tap on the icon, and you are in the game.
Convenient Betting and Financial Transactions
In most cases, betting apps provide a considerably greater variety of features and functions, especially for video slots and live-streaming of sports events. Apart from that, deposit and withdrawal transactions have become a lot faster and more convenient, with less time and effort spent on all sorts of verification procedures.
Since the new gaming formats also make users more vulnerable to potential digital crime, online casinos have had to take the issue seriously, and they have succeeded in solving the problem well enough so far, again with the help of modern digital industry. In fact, mobile games provide even more security than their traditional counterparts did, and the 256-bit SSL encryption technology guarantees almost perfect protection of all your data.
Variety of Payment Methods
The actual financial transactions have also become more diverse than ever, with new payment systems appearing almost annually. Some of them, such as PayPal, for example, offer an additional benefit of ensuring the optimal level of protection for all your investments by refusing to cooperate with dubious sites and service providers.
Besides, some of the new payment methods have already become part of the standard package offered by most reputable online gaming providers, most notably:
1. E-wallets are another step towards greater independence from the banks, and more than one-third of all financial transactions globally are made through them, Forbes claims.
2. Cryptocurrencies are now becoming increasingly more widespread on the online gaming market to such an extent that not seeing them on the list of payment methods is counted as a drawback of even the most reputable casino these days.
This is just a touch of how digital technology helps to enhance the overall gaming experience. Numerous interface features, from psychedelic shapes and colours to the 3D effects of head-mounted displays, certainly add a flavour to the convenience and safety of gaming and payment options. And it is with awe and admiration that we wonder what online casinos are yet to come up with in the nearest future.
- As per the Public Gambling Act of 1867, all Indian states, except Goa, Daman and Sikkim, prohibit gambling
- Land-based casinos are legalized, with certain guidelines, in Goa and Daman, as per the Goa, Daman and Diu Public Gambling Act 1976
- Land-based casinos, Online gambling and E-gaming (games of chance) are legalized in Sikkim under the Sikkimi0Online Gaming (Regulation) Rules 2009
Only some Indian states have legalized online/regular lotteries as per and subject to the conditions laid down by state laws. Kindly refer to the 0same here
- Horse racing and betting on horse racing, including online betting, is permitted only in a licensed premise in select states. Kindly refer to the 1996 Judgement by the Supreme Court Of India here and for more information
- This article does not endorse or express the views of Qrius and/or any of its staff.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius