The major conflict in the world of Human Resource is often the Human Element. While technological advancements have come in leaps and bounds, the perfect confluence of tech and human is yet to be achieved. Speaking of talent acquisition and development segment, removing Human Bias has been one of the driving factors to adopt technology. While a machine makes its interpretations based on data points, a lot of factors on demographics can be excluded to make it less bias. This also adversely affects the idea of inclusion and diversity in certain workplaces.
The entire conundrum begins when the data says that 19% of Indian graduates end up with job offers since they are skilled enough while the remaining 81% gets into reject pool each year. Also, while the 19% may even end up with multiple job offers, the 81% of graduates get no insights on how to grow their potential and who out of these have a learning agility to grow faster. This is where AI comes into play, to evolve the entire segment beyond the biases of college and past performance and to be able to detect the potential of a candidate to grow into any organization or their ability to learn faster towards that growth.
While the standard methods to gauge such parameters have been psychometric or aptitude assessments, they are dependant on a candidate’s voluntary response. Hence, the objective should be to make it a data driven process with involuntary involvement for its genuinity, reliability and effectiveness.
With this objective in mind, Sayantan Chatterjee created Beatest in 2018. The mismatch of skills and potential was a problem he always intended to solve. With every measure of potential being dedicated to marks, Beatest was something he began to help people identify their true potential and enhance their professional qualities and future endeavours accordingly.
With the rise of gig economy and the lack of high skilled candidates, enterprises often miss out on candidates with poor scores yet high potential. Hence, Beatest is primarily a screening platform which reduces the human interaction in an entire hiring process by providing 33% less candidates to interview.
Magna is the cryptographically secured assessment platform of Beatest. It offers varied means for the candidates to engage such as Subjective/Cognitive type assessments, Live Coding challenges & Hackathons etc.
India’s major recruiting and screening platforms are divided across tech and non tech hiring. However, with the advancement of predicting growth potential of candidates, Beatest is not merely an assessment platform unlike the others.
Rex is the recommendation Engine of Beatest. It uses AI based on a candidate’s engagement on the platform and their ability to comprehend and solve problems. With usage of Machine Learning, Beatest identifies pool of candidates across domains on their definite and abstract skills and then provide their growth potential to segregate high performing candidates for their clients.
Additionally, Beatest also helps to understand the algorithmic sense of candidates in their codes and provide a partial scoring system beyond automating any problem with inbuilt test cases.
Beatest is a Nasscom 10k startups incubated startup which in the span of a year has gained accolades and recognition from Infocom as ‘Original Startup Idea’ and Nasscom as one of the ‘top 30 startups in Thrive 30 list’ amongst many more.
Beatest serves its clients in Bangalore, Kolkata and Delhi across their Talent Acquisition, L&D and hiring needs. Apart from its clients, Beatest has also worked with multiple colleges/universities across India over the last 12 months and currently has over 25,000 users on the platform including colleges like Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius