Prime Minister Narendra Modi mentioned in his latest this address to the nation, lockdown 4.0 is going to be different from the previous three phases.
States and UTs have been given executive powers to delineate the earlier demarcated risk-zones, based on the developing situations on ground in their respective states.
Curbs have been eased on private offices, taxi services and non-mall-based retail establishments to resume business.
This is with the objective to boost flagging revenues that might put the financial health of state administrations in jeopardy given the extended lull in activity.
What You Need To Know
- Schools, colleges, public transport and eating establishments continue to remain closed as in the previous phase. State-level transport to resume based on agreements on border traffic between and within states.
- E-commerce activities for non-essential goods as well are now permitted even in high-risk red zones
- Senior citizens, pregnant women and children below 10 years of age have been advised to stay home except for essential reasons
States have been given freedom to relax or restrict these measures depending on the situation on-ground.
Stadiums will also be opened to resume sporting events, but without spectator attendance.
Containment zones with high prevalence of the virus will continue with extremely restricted activity.
What You Need To Do
- Cover your face with a mask at all times in public. It is the law.
- Spitting anywhere in public is a punishable offence
- Social distancing must still be maintained in all public settings
- No liquor consumption is allowed
- No more than 50 people for wedding ceremonies, no more than 20 people at funerals and no more than 5 people inside retail establishments at a time are allowed
- All marketplaces need to provide scanners and sanitizers for public use
- Circulating false information which could lead to panic situations is punishable depending on the severity of the impact. This could be a fine or imprisonment or both.
- Obstruction of duty for any state or central government, authorised emergency personnel is a punishable offence
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius