The use of technology has seen rapid growth in the past few years across the globe. Besides, every other day we observe newer technology replacing older technology in a wide range of sectors. As more technicians, innovators, and businesses drive this usage, the end-user must also be aware of future-ready technologies and stay up to date with the complex needs of our times.
Moreover, you may be a tech-savvy millennial or a boomer with no tech exposure. To see where you fit in, attempt this quiz.
New and Emerging Technologies
Here are a few of the emerging trends in tech that you should know about:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Automation processes that have made a human intervention in backend processes almost obsolete. These involve robust systems backed with high-level technology that can analyze data and actions and develop action and insight based on the patterns identified.
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: The recent rise of the Metaverse has fueled technological advancements in VR and AR. VR creates a digital replica of the real world through immersive experience headsets, glasses, and monitors. AR adds digital elements to the real world in real-time.
- Blockchain: Blockchain technology involves a secure peer-to-peer mechanism that is efficient to record any form of digital transaction. It is fast and highly decentralized. It is also the major technology behind cryptocurrencies and other digital payment and verification regimes.
- Internet of Things (IoT): IoT is an emerging technology that uses Wifi tethering to communicate with devices that are usually traditionally offline. This may include TVs, lights, doorbells, et al. Besides, newer technology arising every day extends the role of IoT into modern uses in automobiles, robotics, alert systems, beacon systems, communications, etc.
- 5G Cellular Technology: 5G is the latest innovation in mobile cellular network technology. It is a revolution in telecommunications that can offer greater bandwidth and speed. This will essentially change the gaming, streaming, and online development environments completely. While it is still in its earlier stages, mass adoption isn’t far away.
Six Simple Ways to Stay Informed On Latest Tech
While the above list of new technologies is non-exhaustive, you can keep yourself acquainted with any new tech trend by following the simple ways discussed below:
- Read Blogs and Articles on the latest technology written by verified authors. This will help you understand the tech, its impacts, and where it is being used in the world today.
- Connect with Tech Leaders and tech-savvy people on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram. Learn from their opinions and focus on unlearning old ideas.
- Read Tech News either online or in the newspaper. Follow the tech columns and research the findings. You can also learn about new tech from ads published by tech companies on such platforms.
- Watch Online Videos on new technologies and flagship technological products. These provide a first-hand experience of tech advancements and layman explanations. You can also listen to tech podcasts in this regard.
- Take Tutorials or Online Courses on any new technology you want to understand. Staying informed about the emerging tech trends will elevate your outlook as well.
- Participate in Technology Summits to network with potential tech giants and local tech companies alike. This will help you understand the markets and view the tech landscape more immersively. You can find potential contracts or a partner that can integrate new tech into your business as well.
Besides, learning these new technologies will help you propel your career in a variety of ways. Most businesses hire tech-savvy aspirants equipped to handle newer technologies. Newer job roles such as Full Stack Developers, AI automation experts, Ethical Hackers, and Cloud Specialist, among others are springing up each day.
While technological advancements keep making human lives easier there is a greater risk at stake. Many environmental risks come with such a rush to digitize operations. Instances of an increase in eWaste, heat emissions from server plants and mining rigs, and unfettered use of minerals such as silver, gold, and tungsten for tech hardware, are evident today. Staying informed is the first step to mitigating these adversities in the years to come.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius