No Shave November is here! If you’ve always wanted to participate but aren’t sure how to tend or even grow a beard, fear not. There are a few things you can do right away to start rocking a great beard throughout No Shave November and beyond.
First, it’s important to understand the makings of a nice beard. There are a few main qualities that great beards need to have. Here are the qualities of a strong beard:
- Beard thickness — The actual number of hairs you have in your beard.
- Beard length — How long each of those hairs extend away from your face and neck.
- Beard liveliness — How healthy and full your beard physically looks.
It’s not just about having a beard, though, if you really want to impress people with your facial hair stylings, you actually have to stay on top of your beard’s maintenance needs. According to a Statista survey, 18% of respondents reported using beard care products every day.
Here are some excellent tips and tricks that should help you turn a weak, poor quality facial hair attempt into a powerful, great-looking beard:
- Take better care of your skin — First, in order to ensure a healthy and visually appealing beard, you need to start by taking care of your skin. Healthy skin is actually the foundation of a thick beard, so make sure you’re cleaning and washing your face regularly. Also, provide a good moisturizer to keep your skin looking and feeling great.
- Get rid of unnecessary stressors — If you’re stressing about too much in your life, you are actually increasing the cortisone in your body, subsequently having a negative impact on your testosterone development and blocking nutrients to get into your hair follicles. So relax, do something fun, and stop worrying so much.
- Use quality beard trimming and maintenance tools — If you’re planning on keeping your beard well after No Shave November and want to ensure that it looks great, you need to start utilizing some great beard care products. Make sure you’re using quality trimmers and great beard and moustache oils throughout.
Make sure this No Shave November is your best beard month yet — and do everything you can to continue to rock a strong beard in the months and years ahead.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius