The world as we knew it changed in the 1990s. That is when the power of computers and the internet merged with the financial might of business. At that time, few of us had any idea that the internet would not only change the corporate world, but it would open doors of opportunity for people in all walks of life.
The internet created a global economy. In many positions, people no longer needed to rush off to an office for 9-hours per day in order to service clients. People soon understood that they could service their customers, process orders, handle complaints, perform press releases, and bill clients from their kitchen table via their home computer.
This revelation was not wasted on entrepreneurs who wanted to work from home but had been unable to break through the barriers in the past. They had the skills, ideas, and they were ready to put in the work to draw in passive income that would regenerate. They began to think along the lines of how to make extra money at home and on their own. This was the beginning is the next big industrial change.
In this post, we will take a look at just a few of the creative ways others have been successful working from home and creating passive income. Let’s start at the beginning.
What is Passive Income? Wikipedia defines Passive Income as follows: “Passive income is income resulting from cash flow received on a regular basis, requiring minimal to no effort by the recipient to maintain it.”
Deciding What Fits You
There are many ways to create passive income. You will have to decide what fits you best. This is important. While researching and interviewing friends who have found their niche in the industry, you may assume that these lines of work are easy. Do not let the speed and accuracy of others fool you.
When someone has found their passion and put the work into learning the steps, they will make it look easy. In fact, to them, it is a pleasure and they enjoy the work. However, if they step out of their element and into a different type of work that does not suit them, they will stumble and soon will become slow and unhappy.
Take the time to do some soul-searching. Think about what you enjoy doing and what you would like to learn more about. Get online and see how others are working. It is okay if you make a mistake. You can try more than one and you can do more than one thing at a time.
The following items are your traditional “business” passive income fields. There are others in this field. These are “slow pays” and require some cash and patience. Some people swear by them. Once you have a few working for you there is some money in them. They are low effort and you have to keep a close eye on them.
Again, do your research. Make sure you understand how they work before you begin. You need to know when to buy and when to sell (or cash out.)
- Invest in real estate
- This can be land that needs clearing or repairing, then can be resold (now or in the future)
- Rental Properties
- This can be properties that are already in rentable condition or they can be houses that need to be repaired or upgraded in order to rent (or sell) the properties.
- Peer-to-Peer to lending
- This is just what it sounds like. Loan small amounts of money to people and charge them interest. You will charge them a higher interest rate that they would get from a bank, but less than a loan shark.
Computer Age Passive Income
- Affiliate Income
- This is when you set up your own website and advertise for other people or products. When people click on the link on your page, they are directed to the affiliate site. When they purchase from the affiliate link is captured and you get a commission. This is an easy way to make money. If you keep your site exciting and current, you will have good traffic and that means good sales.
- Write an EBook
- Where are your skills? Do you love gardening? Are you great with SEO words, digital marketing, and the workings of Google? Then you have a great E-Book. Write it and sell it.
- Do you know how to generate a lot of movement on a business website? Do you know how to keep a business site from failing?
- Write a Blog
- Blogs are big business. If you think blogs are something bored housewives and teenagers do, you are missing the boat. In the attached article, you will see how the blog of one man went on to make him a very successful businessman. He designed his website and post about things that mean something to him as a father and citizen. He has followers, advertiesrs, guest bloggers, and lots of interaction. It took a bit of time to cultivate his site. He linked to sites with like interests and invited them to link to him. Soon, his blog took on a personality and it became a money maker. A successful blog is a perfect example of how to make extra money.
You can write a blog about how to cut your hair, plant your own essential oil plants, potty train your baby, or bake a cake. You can teach make-up application, teach the guitar, or tell jokes. Whatever it is, keep it current and make it real. Keep up with liking, responding, and ads and you can grab some passive income in no time.
There are so many creative things people would do, if only they had the time. Sometimes, stay at home parents have the time and skill, they just need to know if there is a demand for their product. Let’s look at a couple of examples.
Build Your Own Candy Buffet Rental
Candy Buffets are very popular. They are beautiful. They consist of a six or eight-foot table with a lovely table cloth, draped in various colors. There are pretty glass containers filled with sparkling mixtures of candy. The jars are arranged in different sizes, shapes, and heights. Behind the candy buffet is a matching backdrop.
If the party is for a child’s the decor can easily be changed to a child’s theme. If it is for a wedding, anniversary, or graduations, props are easily added. Include twinkle lights for evening parties or receptions. The selections are boxed clean and wrapped well. Directions are enclosed and every item is numbered.
A person can collect the table, various coverings, and clothes. Over time she can collect enough containers, serving spoons, and everything she needs. She can then set up a blog for her portable candy buffet. She can run ads. When someone wants to rent the buffet, their deposit will cover the candy, which can be ordered online.
Use your imagination. You can add to your supplies for variations of “Build your own party” kits. Once you have collected your supplies, it is a matter of ordering the candy, having a local service deliver the kits and return them.
Do you have a gift with woodwork? Can you make a creative country sign with wood and paint that is a shabby-chic family name, or a “Welcome Home ” sign? These types of signs sell great online. They cost next to nothing to build. Make a few and post them on Ebay and see what people will pay. Soon you may get special request which you can charge more for. When it comes to ideas on how to make extra money, you already know how you just have to allow yourself to think creatively.
Each of these things is different. They require different skills and different efforts. Each of these things proven, money makers. This is just a drop in the bucket considering what is out there. Of course, you can come up with your own ideas on how to make extra money. The internet is only limited by your imagination. Give yourself the freedom to try, you could open a whole new way of life for yourself.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius