Life after a Distance MBA is a world full of opportunities! Along with a regular MBA, a Distance MBA is also gaining wider acceptance. It is a 2-year correspondence PG program in management that offers many lucrative job options to students who cannot pursue regular MBA Courses. The average salary after Distance MBA is INR 3 – 5 LPA.
Distance MBA is a flexible course option offering a more feasible alternative to students who want to save time and money. Adding to this, after studying a distance MBA program, students will get placement support as well. Such an MBA helps to develop managerial skills in the students while they are working. This in turn helps them contribute to their current job role simultaneously. Bookmark and read this article till the end† if you are planning for a Distance MBA in future.
Distance MBA – Admissions Process, Eligibility
The admission process to distance MBA course is similar to the regular MBA courses. One can prefer management entrance exams namely CAT, XAT, MAT, and alike exams to pursue distance MBA course from top notch colleges.
Many institutes prefer admission on the basis of scores obtained in their entrance tests while some institutes consider past academic records. For instance, institutes like Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) accept national-level entrance exams scores while IGNOU accepts OPENMAT Test for admission to the Distance MBA course.
Distance MBA Eligibility 2021
The eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the students aspiring to study MBA in Distance mode. The eligibility criteria that need to checked before applying to the course include:
- Qualifying Bachelorís in any discipline
- Securing minimum 50% marks in 10+2 and graduation
- Qualifying marks in entrance exams
- Minimum needed work experience
Distance MBA Career Prospects
After completing a Distance MBA course from a renowned university, candidates can explore limitless opportunities in sectors like Finance, Marketing, Insurance, Risk Management, Human Resources, Accounting, etc. Companies look for suitable candidates for different managerial roles, including corporate associate, portfolio manager, finance analyst, credit risk manager, HR manager, etc.
In case students have done a Distance MBA degree in International Business, then the chances of getting international jobs to increase manifolds. IT management through Distance MBA is another stream offering promising prospects.
Distance MBA graduates can get suitable opportunities not only in the private sector but also in government sectors. They are eligible to apply to different government sectors like Banks, Railways, Airports, and PSUs, that keep on introducing other job vacancies for the deserving MBA graduates.
Distance MBA – Return on Investment
Distance MBA programs are ideal for working professionals and entrepreneurs who want to sharpen business skills and managerial practices without compromising their careers. Flexible tutorial timings, online assignments, semester exams, lower fees, etc., are the reasons making Distance MBA more demandable.
The return on investment earned by graduates is much more than their amount to doing a course. Some of the specific job opportunities available for the graduates post getting a Distance MBA degree include:
- Finance: Banks, Credit Rating Agencies, Insurance companies, Trading and Broking Firms.
- Marketing: Advertising agencies, Sales and Marketing departments, event management organizations, etc.
- HR Management: HR departments, counselling, recruitment and training agencies, career development firms, and many others.
- Digital Marketing: Branding, Advertising, and Marketing platforms.
- Hospitality Management: Hotels, restaurants, bars, Cruise, Airlines, and other recreational areas.
Some of the top MBA recruiters include:
The average salaries at Top Companies after Distance MBA are:
We have also mentioned some stream specific job roles after completing the Distance MBA below.
Distance MBA – Marketing
MBA in Marketing is one of the trendiest options; whether it’s an IT company or FMCG, the marketing department in all the organizations is essential and has dedicated marketing executives to ensure the businessís smooth running. Candidates having a Distance MBA in marketing degree can get job opportunities in various fields.
The starting salary package of MBAs include:
- Marketing Manager: INR 8.9 Lakhs per annum.
- Business Development Manager: INR 6.9 Lakhs per annum.
- Area Sales Manager: INR 8.3 Lakhs per annum.
- Marketing Executive: INR 3.4 Lakhs per annum.
- Regional Sales Manager: INR 10 Lakhs per annum.
- Digital Marketing Manager: INR 6.6 Lakhs per annum.
- Relationship Manager: INR 5.2 Lakhs per annum.
MBA – Finance
The finance department is very vital in all organizations. Studying an MBA in Finance helps candidates to get recruited by any organization. With more changes in financial norms by the Indian Government, the demand for MBA Finance graduates increases manifolds.
The starting salary package of MBA Finance include:
- Financial Analyst: INR 5.1 Lakhs per annum.
- Finance Manager: INR 10 Lakhs per annum.
- Senior Business Analyst: INR 10 Lakhs per annum.
- Senior Financial Analyst: INR 5.9 Lakhs per annum.
- Operations Manager: INR 8 Lakhs per annum.
- Relationship Manager: INR 5.2 Lakhs per annum.
Distance MBA – Banking
All the financial institutions need a dynamic workforce for the suitable positions. Candidates having an MBA in Business and Banking let them get a decent post completing the course. Mentioned below are the main job opportunities available in the banking business sector.
- Relationship Manager: INR 6 Lakhs per annum.
- Operations Manager: INR 7.4 Lakhs per annum.
- Financial Analyst: INR 3.5 Lakhs per annum.
- Finance Manager: INR 8.16 L Lakhs per annum.
- Business Analyst. IT: INR 7.8 Lakhs per annum.
- Credit Manager: INR 5.1 Lakhs per annum.
In addition to the MBA streams mentioned above, having a Distance MBA degree in International Business, Information Technology and Financial Management, can let students get noticed by the companies which offer these roles. All one needs is an MBA degree in specific specialisation to touch the sky. So why waiting? Enrol in a Distance MBA course now to find various opportunities in different sectors.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius