The way that technology has been advancing so rapidly has opened up a huge range of business opportunities. Yet, one of the keys to making the most of this is finding a balance that adds a human touch to the technology, with the following giving some examples of how this happens in various industries.
The Use of Live-Streaming
At the start of the online revolution, we could suddenly buy products and find information anywhere and at any time of day. This change was warmly received, but in some ways human contact was lost in the process. Thankfully, technology such as live-streaming is allowing us to maintain the person-to-person approach.
You can see how this works when looking at†versions of the game of roulette that feature a live presentation. Human croupiers spin the wheels and announce the results, with some games allowing live chat to increase the level of interaction further. With versions including other changes such as random multipliers and faster betting rounds, this change has helped to diversify the betting market too. In other industries, adding a human touch can mean putting a real person on live chat or offering a chance to make a Zoom call, while live e-commerce shows have a human presenter offering products on a live stream.
Tell Real Stories and Show Photos
Itís relatively easy to fill a website with stock images and generic text, but will any of it strike a chord with your visitors? Some industries offer the potential to fill the site with customerís stories and testimonials. This is why there are services like Endorsal that allow you to automate the process of collecting customer comments and adding them to your site with an attractive presentation.
If your industry doesnít give you any way to collect customer feedback, you might find it useful to publish stories from the team, such as a day in the life of someone who carries out a certain role. The “Day in the Life of” technique is used as a way of analysing the productivity of team members and was first mentioned by Francis Gouillart and Frederick D. Sturdivant in the 1990s. But using it as a way of pulling back the curtain and letting the public see what you do is also a smart idea.
Use a Humorous Approach
One element that sets apart companies with a human touch is the use of humour. This can be a tough thing to effectively incorporate and there are some types of businesses that have to avoid humour completely. However, itís worth taking a moment to consider whether itís something that could help your company.
This look at adding humour to website design suggests starting by understanding your audience and then using a light-hearted approach to the siteís design. They use examples such as LessFilms and Brand Embassy to show how itís possible to add something funny without losing any professionalism or making the navigation more awkward.
All of these ways of adding a human touch can work wonders in many different industries, so you could start by thinking about which might work best in your case. †
- As per the Public Gambling Act of 1867, all Indian states, except Goa, Daman and Sikkim, prohibit gambling
- Land-based casinos are legalized, with certain guidelines, in Goa and Daman, as per the Goa, Daman and Diu Public Gambling Act 1976††
- Land-based casinos, Online gambling and E-gaming (games of chance) are legalized in Sikkim under the Sikkim Online Gaming (Regulation) Rules 2009
- Only some Indian states have legalized online/regular lotteries as per and subject to the conditions laid down by state laws. Kindly refer to the same here
- Horse racing and betting on horse racing, including online betting, is permitted only in a licensed premise in select states. Kindly refer to the 1996 Judgement by the Supreme Court Of India here and for more information
- This article does not endorse or express the views of Qrius and/or any of its staff.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius