Railway RRB Group D and ALP Exams are always a hotcake argument amongst all the aspirants. They were earlier going to be conducted in March. However, due to the larger-than-average influx of opportunities (approximately 2 crore applications received), the railway board had to delay the exam dates.
Group D exams would be conducted in September and Group C for ALP and technicians will be held in the first week of August. However, the aspirants need to keep their eyes and ears on the website notification for further announcements and boost their exam preparation. Admit cards are usually available for download 4 to 5 days prior to the examination. This time also admit cards would be available four days prior to the examination.
Here are some of the changes in the railway recruitment process:
- Latest news is that one of the IT giants named Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been involved in framing the questions of equal difficulty level for the railway exams.
- RRB will provide the cut-off marks and result to the email ids of the candidates. Isn’t it a good news?
- Another news is that this time RRB has a multi-lingual support for Group D and ALP exams in 15 different languages — Hindi, English, Urdu, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Assamese, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Tamil and Telugu.
- Some sources say that railway exams would be conducted in the order of the names of the candidates. This means that exam slots would be selected based on the initials of the candidates’ names.
Some Random Facts
Indian Railways is one of the largest employer, which is at the 8th spot in the world.
- It is one of the largest rail network in Asia.
- It has more than 1.2 million employees.
- By now, you would be convinced that why there’s such a huge competition in railway jobs.
There are ample facilities available for the railway employees.
- Free tickets
Railway employees get free railway tickets. So, this helps to plan a good vacation.
- Study Leave
Railway Board financially helps the employees for higher education. They bear the fees. Apart from this, they also facilitate planned study leave for the employees.
- Awesome Training Programs
Railway authority plan some awesome training programs for the employees. They also send some employees abroad for training.
- Job to relative in case of death
Railway board provides financial and job security to the employees. In case of an employee’s death, it provides job to his/her family member.
- Medical Facilities
High-quality medical facilities are provided to the railway employees free of case.
- Good Educational Facilities
RRB has tie-up with great schools and colleges. Employees’ children get good educational facilities.
- Good salary
Apart from the basic pay, railway employees get Grade pay, Dearness allowance, Travel allowance, HRA, medical etc.
- Railway Quarters for residency
Railway provides all the basic amenities for a residence.
- Lifetime Pension
Financial security is the main focus of railway jobs. In case of the death of an employee, pension is passed on to his/her employee.
- Job security
‘No fire’ policy – as it’s present in the private companies. There’s no target-oriented job. So you don’t have to stress about being getting fired ever.
As mentioned previously, Railway Group D Exams would be conducted in September, which means that there’s only a month left for this exam. Hence, it’s imperative for the aspirants to hit the books and make a move for exam preparation.
Tips to prepare for Railway Group D Exam:
- Know the exam pattern and duration in and out
Railway Group D exam duration is 90 mins, with a total number of 100 questions. It includes these sections — Mathematics, General Science, General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Awareness.
- Know the selection process
Group D exam is conducted in three phases
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
- There’s 1/3rd negative marking.
- All the questions are objective type.
- Know the syllabus thoroughly
Aspirants are advised to refer to the official website for topic-wise syllabus and start preparation accordingly.
- Prepare your own notes
There are many institutes/coaching classes which give you a guarantee of the study material. But, it’s always better to understand the concepts clearly and make your own notes. This will help save your time while revisiting the topics before exams.
- Time management secrets
As mentioned previously, Group D exam included 100 questions and the total duration is 90 minutes. This means that you get less than a minute to solve each question.It’s uber-important to manage your time well and try to solve the paper with high accuracy.
- Practice RRB Group D mock tests
After you prepare one topic, take a topic-wise test/quiz. Go through the results and analyse your strong and weak areas. Work accordingly on those areas to make the exam strategy. After you study all the topics, take full online mock tests. Practice more and more mock tests to get the feel of the actual examination.
- Go through the previous papers
This will help you to know what type of questions are asked, what is the weightage of each section, etc.
- Revise shortcut tricks
Don’t completely rely on your memory. Revisit the shortcut tricks frequently.
Hope these tips would help the aspirants to sail through the exam preparation well.