Niagara Falls is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning natural beauty and, of course, its casinos. But there’s more to this quirky little town with plenty to offer. Here are five fun and offbeat things to do in Niagara Falls that will make your trip more memorable.
Experience the Thrills of Casino Gaming
While you’re enjoying the natural beauty of Niagara Falls, you might want to try your luck at one of the local casinos. Niagara on the Lake houses some of the most luxurious casinos in the world and is known to be a hotspot for gamblers on vacation. Besides, you can also try your luck on numerous online casinos, such as the Captain Cooks casino Canada while you are out in the open taking a stroll around the falls or riding a boat through.
Casinos such as the Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort and the Seneca Niagara Casino and Hotel are the only luxurious gaming venues located directly on the falls. Here, you can find thousands of slot machines and hundreds of tables ready to take your bets while you witness the natural beauty of the falls.
Get Soaked on the Maid of the Mist
If you really want to experience Niagara Falls to the fullest, you have to take a ride on the Maid of the Mist. This iconic boat tour takes you to the base of the falls, where you’ll get an up-close look at the rushing water and maybe even get a little wet in the process (don’t forget to bring a raincoat!). It’s the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day.
Take a Selfie with a Ghost
Niagara Falls is home to several haunted places, including the Old Stone Mill and the Ghost Walk of Niagara. But if you’re feeling brave, you might want to visit the Niagara Falls Haunted House. This spooky attraction is filled with creepy creatures and terrifying special effects, and it’s a great way to get your adrenaline pumping. Just be sure to bring a friend (or three) to hold on to when things get really scary.
Go Wine Tasting at the Niagara College Teaching Brewery
Sure, Niagara Falls is known for its casinos, but it’s also home to a thriving craft beer and wine scene. The Niagara College Teaching Brewery is excellent for starting your boozy adventure. This small-batch brewery offers a variety of craft beers and ciders, as well as guided tours and tastings. It’s the perfect place to grab a drink and learn a bit about brewing.
Try Your Hand at Birdwatching
Niagara Falls is located in the heart of Niagara Falls State Park, home to various bird species. If you’re a bird-watching enthusiast, you’ll definitely want to bring your binoculars and spend some time exploring the park’s nature trails. You might spot a bald eagle, a blue jay, or even a peregrine falcon. Just be sure to keep your distance and respect the birds’ natural habitat.
So next time you plan a trip to Niagara Falls, don’t limit yourself to the casinos. There are plenty of quirky and fun things to do in this vibrant and exciting destination. Happy travels!
- As per the Public Gambling Act of 1867, all Indian states, except Goa, Daman and Sikkim, prohibit gambling
- Land-based casinos are legalized, with certain guidelines, in Goa and Daman, as per the Goa, Daman and Diu Public Gambling Act 1976
- Land-based casinos, Online gambling and E-gaming (games of chance) are legalized in Sikkim under the Sikkim Online Gaming (Regulation) Rules 2009
- Only some Indian states have legalized online/regular lotteries as per and subject to the conditions laid down by state laws. Kindly refer to the same here
- Horse racing and betting on horse racing, including online betting, is permitted only in a licensed premise in select states. Kindly refer to the 1996 Judgement by the Supreme Court Of India here and for more information
- This article does not endorse or express the views of Qrius and/or any of its staff.
Stay updated with all the insights.
Navigate news, 1 email day.
Subscribe to Qrius